X-tension- Fabrication Instructions
X-tension is designed to resist or stop dorsiflexion.
1. If your orthosis requires a stop, sagittally align your AFO before installing X-tension. (SNAPstop is the only plantar flexion stop that fits the X-tension geometry).
2. Position the X-tension band on the posterior aspect of the AFO with the SNAPstop Window directly over the SNAPstop. (If SNAPstop is not used, position the bottom of the SNAPstop Window level with the axis of the ankle joint).
3. Mark the location of the two lower mounting holes on the plastic with a marking pencil or with hot poker.
4. Drill a 1/8” hole at the marked points.
5. Secure the lower band with Speedy rivets (for Dynamic X-tension) or copper rivets (for Static X-tension).
6. Once the two bottom holes are secured, stretch the X-tension band over the AFO and mark the two upper mounting holes.
7. Drill a 1/8” hole at the marked points. To increase tension in the X-tension band, drill your holes slightly up and out from your marks.
This product should only be used for its intended purpose and should be fabricated per the provided instructions.